Monday, May 2, 2011

Hasiff

Hey guys, yesterday, a schoolmate of mine passed away (kepada yang Muslim, please sedekahkan surah Al-Fatihah to him)... i was quite shocked to see the number of people present at his funeral. the whole Mosque was almost full. it was like two full bungalows and three quarter of it was occupied by his friends. it's amazing to see how certain friends would go the extra mile for u..

He was known for his wealth in my high school, so, obviously my first impression of him was a typical spoiled rich brat. But i got the chance to have a conversation with him ONCE and at that time, he was like this innocent naive boy who wants make his parents proud of him... it's great to know that, that one conversation will be my memory of who he truly was...

I slept at 8am yesterday because i just couldn't sleep at night. all of my friends tried to contact me since 9am to tell me the news but obviously i dah tidur mati...
Coincidentally, my mom saw the accident but what she didn't know was that he was one of my friends. after she got home, she read my SMSes (as usual, to make sure i have not been naughty~) and then, she realized that most of the SMSes were about this boy named Hasiff who passed away yesterday morning in the Mid Valley area.
My mom was shocked and she woke me up like a psycho! "NA, BANGUN NA!!! KAWAN KAU, HASIFF, MENINGGAL DUNIA!!!"
I dah lar tak cukup tidur and i barely knew the guy, so, i was like,"what~ who's Hasiff?"
After i was completely awake, i called one of my friends to confirm the news, and obviously they wouldn't fake such a news...

I was speechless for a second because everything happened so suddenly. my mom described about the accident and it reminded me of  my car accident. He was speeding, lost control of his car and he crashed into a light pole... my mom said that his car, a Honda CR-V, was split into half (the light pole was in the middle of his car) and she said that just by looking at the car, she knew the driver could not have survived the crash...

The only difference between my accident and his is just our cars. i was driving a Mercedes at 160-170km/h and he was driving a Honda. it made me think, what would it be like if i drove my Honda City instead of my mom's Mercedes that night. To add on to that, i had 5 passengers with me, i would've been a mass murderer. i could never have stopped our trip to Putrajaya that night because we almost always take a joy ride there on a Thursday or Friday night. so, it was destiny that lead me to borrow my mom's car that night...

I guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm lucky and that i should not take life forgranted anymore because once i'm gone, there's no going back... there's no,"what could've been"... there's no,"what if"... there's only Heaven or Hell...

May Allah bless him and forgive his sins and may his soul rest in peace... Goodbye forever, my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment